Should you, for some reason, absolutely need adjectives that begin with the letter X, you’d be right to expect a struggle. You’ll have less choice than you would if you had picked any other letter, and your options are rather limited in meaning as well. This list of adjectives that start with X may just be your best bet.
Adjectives that start with X
Xenobiotic — Pertaining to a foreign substance.
Xenogeneic — Pertaining to a different species; incompatible.
Xenomorphic — Unusual or strange in shape.
Xenophobic — Racist, bigoted, ethnocentric.
Xeric — Dry, lacking moisture or humidity, especially pertaining to deserts.
Xeriscaped — Landscaping to reduce the need for irrigation.
Xerographic — Relating to photocopying.
Xerophytic — Plants evolved to thrive in a dry environment.
Xerotic — Dried, afflicted by drought.
Adjectives that start with X to describe a person
Xenial — Hospitable, welcoming, a good host.
Xenodochial — Kind to strangers and guests.
Positive adjectives that start with X
Xantic — Yellow or yellow-like in color.
Xeroxed — Photocopied, printed.
Xyloid — Woody, arboreal, related to trees.
Xylophonic — Pertaining to xylophones.
Example sentences with X adjectives
- You young people do everything on the computer these days, but when I was a child, the teacher used to hand us xeroxed test papers, and I thought the photocopying machine was quite amazing.
- Xeriscaped gardens are especially popular in drier regions like Nevada and Arizona, but anyone can benefit from using less water in the yard.
- Even though grandfather had grown old and frail, he never failed to be a xenial host — he always made sure that the guests had everything they needed.
- If you would like to experiment with new colors in your visual art, you may like to try this unusual xantic
- Xenophobic attacks have been on the rise in recent time, in what has proven to be a worrying trend for all minorities.
- Xeric plants thrive in dry desert environments, where all other vegetation would quickly begin to wither.