If you are looking for adjectives that begin with the letter R, it’s your lucky day — not just because we have compiled a long list for you, but also because there are just so many great adjectives that start with R to choose from. No matter what you’re trying to say, you’ll find the right word in no time!
Adjectives that start with R
Rabid — Having rabies; extreme, fanatical.
Radical — Extreme, drastic, advanced.
Radioactive — Emanating radioactive matter.
Ragged — Tattered, frayed, threadbare.
Raided — Looted, plundered.
Rainproof — Protected against rain.
Rainy — Wet, cloudy, overcast, precipitation.
Raised — Lifted, at a height.
Rampaging — Stampeding, without restraint.
Rampant — Widespread, common, unrestrained, rapid.
Ramshackle — Rickety, derelict, cheap.
Random — Unpredictably, by chance.
Rapturous — Complimentary, flattering, wonderful, delightful.
Rare — Infrequent, precious, scarce.
Rash — Reckless, careless, hasty, impulsive/
Rather — To a significant degree.
Ratty — Shabby, torn, worn-down.
Raving — Extremely excited or angry.
Ravishing — Beautiful, appealing, luscious.
Raw — Not cooked.
Realistic — Feasible, achievable.
Reassuring — Encouraging, supportive, comforting.
Recent — Modern, new, latest, young, fresh.
Rechargeable — Reusable, can be charged again.
Reclusive — Withdrawn, isolated, hermit.
Recognizable — Noticeable, apparent.
Recurrent — Repeating, occurring multiple times.
Recycled — Made with used materials.
Red — One of the primary colors.
Redacted — Censored, altered.
Redeemable — Correctable, fixable, solvable.
Redundant — Unnecessary, obsolete, useless.
Reflective — Reflects light.
Regrettable — Lamentable, unfortunate.
Relative — Comparable, corresponding, to something.
Relevant — Pertinent, important within context.
Remarkable — Outstanding, impressive, wonderful.
Removable — Detachable, can be removed.
Rental — Acquired for temporary use.
Repeating — Recurring, constant, frequent.
Replaceable — Can be substituted.
Representative — Irregular, inconsistent, uncertain.
Reputable — Trustworthy, respectable, legitimate.
Required — Necessary, obligatory.
Residential — Designed to live in.
Residual — Leftover, remaining.
Resolute — Determined, committed, unyielding.
Revamped — Changed, altered, edited, redesigned.
Rhetorical — To persuade or convince.
Ridiculous — Absurd, senseless, insane.
Right — Correct; opposite of left.
Rigid — Hard, solid, not bendable.
Ripe — Matured, ready to eat.
Ripped — Torn, tattered, ragged, shredded.
Risky — Dangerous, unsafe, hazardous, dodgy.
Ritualistic — pertaining to rituals or traditions.
Rival — Opposing, hostile, enemy.
Roaring — Loud, blaring, high volume.
Rogue — Maverick, unpredictable, rebellious.
Ropy — Stringy, thready.
Round — Spherical; circular.
Rudimentary — Basic, fundamental, primary, early, initial.
Rural — Pertaining to the countryside.
Rustic — Simple, charming.
Rusty — Corroded, having acquired rust.
Adjectives that start with R to describe a person
Raging — Angry, furious, mad.
Rambling — Wordy, talkative, incoherent.
Rambunctious — Boisterous, loud, energetic.
Ranting — Raving, angry, mad.
Rational — Logical, reasonable.
Real — True, authentic, actual.
Rebellious — Defiant, disobedient, unruly.
Reckless — Careless, risk-taking, daredevil.
Recovered — Healed, restored to health.
Regular — Standard, common, frequent.
Rejected — Declined, abandoned.
Relatable — Understandable, similar.
Relentless — Persistent, tenacious.
Reluctant — Hesitant, discouraged, unwilling, wary.
Remorseful — Filled with regret.
Repentant — Regretting former actions.
Resentful — Bitter, aggrieved, envious.
Responsive — Replies swiftly.
Restless — Agitated, uneasy, anxious, stressed.
Robotic — Robot-like, flat affect.
Rotund — Round, chubby, fat.
Rowdy — Boisterous, unruly, chaotic, loud.
Ruthless — Brutal, cruel, without mercy.
Positive adjectives that start with R
Radiant — Emanating light or heat.
Rapid — Quick, fast.
Reasonable — Logical, sensible, fair, acceptable.
Reassured — Relieved, confident, feeling relaxed.
Regal — Majestic, noble.
Rejoicing — Expressing joy and jubilation.
Relaxed — Easy-going, laid-back, calm.
Relaxing — Soothing, calming, peaceful.
Reliable — Dependable, trustworthy, loyal.
Resilient — Resistant to stress.
Respectful — Courteous, gracious, showing respect.
Responsible — Reliable, dependable; culpable, guilty.
Rewarding — Fulfilling, gratifying, satisfying, meaningful.
Rhythmic — Possessing rhythm.
Rich — Wealthy, prosperous.
Righteous — Virtuous, honest, honorable.
Rigorous — Meticulous, thorough, comprehensive.
Romantic — Pertaining to love and dating.
Rosy — Red; healthy; promising.
Royal — Majestic, grand, noble.
Example sentences with R adjectives
- This relaxing garden is perfect for late-night chats with friends and family.
- Our son’s school is using a very rigorous math curriculum this year, so I am sure he will learn a lot.
- The responsible boy came back in time for curfew and finished his homework before he went to bed.
- She is a regular customer who orders a latte with a chocolate chip cookie every single morning.
- Given the chance, why wouldn’t you buy an affordable product from a reputablebusiness?
- Our community has been affected by rampant crime and high unemployment rates in recent times.
- Though it was a rather regrettable decision, there’s nothing I can do about it now.
- I admit that I do like to listen to romantic songs in the car sometimes, and I occasionally even sing along loudly.
- This rotund cat can hardly walk; she would truly benefit from losing some weight.
- Remember not to offer Mike any wine at the dinner party tonight, because he is a recovered
- Sushi combines sticky rice with raw fish; once a street food in Japan, this dish has become popular all over the world.
- Buying rechargeable batteries is a green choice that can help you reduce your carbon footprint, as well as saving you money in the long run.
- She was a ruthless athlete who spent months ensuring that she did everything she could to win, no matter who she had to beat in the process.
- My rebellious teenagers like to throw parties when I am away on business.